If you are like most homeowners, you like to keep your garage clean. That can be a difficult task, due to dust and dirt being tracked in, and the inevitable drips and stains that result from parking your car, storing your lawn mower or completing projects at your workbench. Having a durable, easy-to-clean epoxy garage floor makes it much easier to keep your garage clean.
The type of epoxy garage floor coating Phoenix professionals apply is one of the most durable and tough finishes you can find. Not only does it provide a protective coating to your garage floor, it can also transform your boring cement into an attractive, professional-looking and functional surface. Because many homeowners use their garage for more than just parking their car, an epoxy coating can extend your personal aesthetic from your home to your garage – it is available in a variety of custom colors and styles to match any lifestyle.
What Is Epoxy Garage Flooring?
Epoxy floor coating is not paint. Garage floor paint is an acrylic latex product. Paint is prone to chipping and peeling. Epoxy is a thermosetting resin formed by mixing an epoxide resin with a polyamine hardener, which gives it strength paint can’t provide. The curing process of epoxy creates cross-linking polymer structures which give it durability, strength, and bonds it permanently to cement.
Epoxy Garage Floor Benefits
In addition to being attractive, the thick, hardened epoxy coating is durable, and resists damage from impact, doesn’t chip, and isn’t affected by stains, chemicals or surface abrasion. Other benefits of an epoxy garage floor coating include:
- You won’t damage an epoxy floor by dropping a wrench or having your bicycle topple over.
- Epoxy floor coatings cover flaws in your concrete flooring, such as spider cracks and other imperfections.
- Epoxy floors are anti-dusting, which helps prevent the build-up of dust on cars and work areas, and keeps it from being tracked into your home.
- Epoxy floors are moisture-resistant. That makes them easy to clean and resistant to spills and stains.
- Depending on the top-coat, epoxy floors can provide a slip-resistant, non-skid surface.
Epoxy garage floor coatings are a favorite flooring choice for many home mechanics and hobbyists, due to the fact that it retains its appearance even when subjected to caustic chemicals, oil, water and surface stress from car wheels and tool boxes.